In his bestselling book, Energy Leadership, iPEC founder Bruce D Schneider introduces the concept of the 7 Levels of Energy that describe how you “show up” in all aspects of your life. From the playing field to the boardroom to your home, the energy you experience in any situation, role, or task determines the results that you get.
iPEC offers two assessments to measure energy. The scientifically verified Energy Leadership IndexTM (ELI) assessment, taken by tens of thousands of people over the last decade, measures overall energy both in ideal circumstances and under stress. The assessment is amazingly accurate at pinpointing the underlying thoughts, beliefs, and emotions that dictate what you do and how you do it, and the awareness and insights it produces have literally changed lives.
In 2014, after years of development, iPEC released its newest assessment, SCOPE, based on the ELI. SCOPE stands for Specific Current Operational Profile of Energy.
With the introduction of SCOPE, you can now see your profile of energy—the energy that you have available (operational) for use right now (currently) with respect to the specific task you’re rating. SCOPE also shows you which factors are influencing your energy state and gives you suggestions for how you can shift to more anabolic (powerful, constructive) energy. In other words, while the ELI measures overall energy, with SCOPE, you can now measure your energy in any given moment.
Designed to be taken before playing, practicing, or competing, the SCOPE assessment gives you a “Performance Factor” that lets you know how energetically engaged you are regarding the task you’re rating. The higher your Performance Factor, the more likely it is that you’ll perform well.
- When you take a SCOPE assessment, you’ll know your current potential and which factors (spiritual, mental, emotional, physical, social, and environmental) are lowering the energy in your “fuel tank.”
- SCOPE can be taken online or via any mobile device in approximately 3 to 4 minutes and produces a report showing the following information:
- SCOPE-Results Performance Factor: This takes into account overall energy and the different factors that affect it and is expressed as a number ranging from 1 to 7. The higher the factor, the closer you are to your ideal performance state.
- Performance Factor Categorization: This shows how catabolic or anabolic your Performance Factor is.
Primary and Secondary Levels of Energy: These are the energy levels you are most experiencing in relation to the task.
- Influences on Your Energy: This chart shows how spiritual, mental, emotional, physical, social, and environmental factors are influencing your energy.
Strategies to Increase Your Performance: These are interventions you can use to increase your energy in the moment.
The SCOPE assessment allows you to understand what you need to shift/adjust to increase the likelihood of performing to your potential. Monitored over time, this assessment will reveal the patterns and tendencies that promote optimal performance.
The SCOPE App is an effective tool that accompanies the COR.E Dynamics Coaching Methodology.